When you go shopping in online marijuana seed banks or local weed dispensaries, chances are you would run into different types of cannabis seeds. These certain products come in all sorts of varieties, often being categorized based on a certain standard or characteristic. As such, beginner marijuana growers may find it quite complicated to choose the right type of weed seed for their growing marijuana gardens.
In this article, we will discuss the different kinds of marijuana seeds and the various categories that they usually come in. This will help growers and customers such as yourself narrow down the options that they have when it comes to purchasing weed seeds. Let’s get started:
Different Types of Weed
REGULAR MARIJUANA SEEDS
What are regular marijuana seeds?
Before the use of technology decided to provide marijuana growers with a number of different ways to cultivate their weed seeds, regular seeds were the only option that old-timers had. These are basically marijuana seeds that have a 50-50 chance of sprouting both male and female cannabis plants. While this may seem quite normal, marijuana seeds today are usually feminized for convenience. You see, male marijuana plants produce little to no THC-containing buds, which makes them quite useless for consumption. Rather, they are good only for breeding and cloning.
Because of this, male plants are often separated from females in order to avoid them contaminating and pollinating all over females. This is because pollination will cause females to lose potency in their marijuana buds.
Advantages of regular marijuana seeds:
Despite the hassle that comes with regular marijuana seeds, many growers still prefer them over other types of weed seeds. This is because they pose a number of distinct advantages including:
- As stated above, regular seeds open up more opportunities for breeding due to the presence of male cannabis plants.
- They also produce healthier and sturdier clones which are a great alternative to the traditional breeding methods.
- Because of the lack of any interference with their anatomy, regular marijuana seeds produce the most potent marijuana buds out of all the types of weed seeds. These naturally grown seeds are perfect for producing high THC strains.
Best regular marijuana seeds:
- Afghani Regular
- Blueberry Regular
- Haze Xtreme Regular
- Original Skunk Regular
- Alien Technology Regular
FEMINIZED MARIJUANA SEEDS
What are feminized marijuana seeds?
As the name suggests, feminized marijuana seeds give the growers the ability to sprout 100% fully female marijuana plants. This type of weed seed was created in order to reduce the effort and hassle of having to segregate male cannabis plants from the females. Because cannabis seeds aren’t the cheapest commodity in the market, growers would much rather have 100% feminized plants instead of the usual 50% you would get from regular seeds. As such, feminized marijuana seeds work well for those who do not plan on breeding and cloning their cannabis strains.
Advantages of feminized marijuana seeds:
- They give growers much more cannabis buds for consumption as compared to regular seeds.
- It saves up a lot more growing space for more cannabis strains. Feminized seeds also maximize the growing areas because you will not waste any space for male plants.
- Clones that come from feminized seeds will also produce fully female plants!
- Higher yields typically come from feminized marijuana seeds.
Best feminized marijuana seeds:
- White Widow Feminized
- Crown Royale Feminized
- Blue Cookies Feminized
- Durban Poison Feminized
- Purple Kush Feminized
AUTOFLOWERING MARIJUANA SEEDS
What are autoflowering marijuana seeds?
Coming from the genetics of the cannabis ruderalis species of marijuana, the autoflowering version of strains is the next big thing in the cannabis cultivation scene. With the ability to automatically grow and produce flowers regardless of the light patterns that it is exposed to. This makes it extremely easy to grow and cultivate in any given setup that users choose. Autoflowering strains are the go-to for beginners who are just starting to experiment on different methods of cultivation.
The cannabis ruderalis first originated in places such as Russia and the Himalayas. In these places, harsh weather conditions and extreme climates made it rather difficult for plants to produce flowers and properly develop. As a coping mechanism, the cannabis ruderalis adapted to these conditions. As a result, it was able to develop the ability to flower automatically without having to rely on fixed light cycles.
Advantages of autoflowering marijuana seeds:
- By far the easiest and most suitable plant to cultivate for beginner growers. Also works well for growers who enjoy convenient cultivation.
- Autoflowering seeds produce short and compact plants. They will require low maintenance when growing and they can be stored in various places indoors.
- Autoflowering strains are very sturdy. They typically display high resistance to molds and strong branches. This means that they would not break easily.
- They are known to have faster flowering periods which give growers the opportunity to have more harvests in a given year.
- While they are less potent than other types of seeds, autoflowering strains can still provide all the typical highs and flavors of famous marijuana strains.
Best autoflowering marijuana seeds:
- Northern Lights Autoflowering
- White Widow Autoflowering
- Early Miss Autoflowering
- Amnesia Haze Autoflowering
- Trainwreck Autoflowering
CBD MARIJUANA SEEDS
What are CBD marijuana seeds?
Because many people wish to make use of a cannabis plant’s health benefits without having to go through the mind-altering effects that are caused by its THC content, developers have found a way to create CBD seeds. This particular type of seed is aimed more towards a market consisting of medical patients who wish to use marijuana as a form of treatment for their health conditions.
Because of the medical value and therapeutic claims that CBD strains possess, they are widely used in places where recreational cannabis is still criminalized.
Advantages of CBD marijuana seeds:
- They do not possess high levels of THC. This makes them ideal for medical patients who wish to avoid any mind-altering experiences.
- The subtle highs will do little to cause any paranoia or anxiety even if a large amount is consumed.
- Dozens of medical health benefits are provided by CBD strains such as pain relief, reduction of stress and anxiety, and many more.
- CBD strains are also very easy to cultivate. Because many of them come in feminized and autoflowering packages, medical patients will have a convenient and simple time cultivating these weed seeds.
Best CBD marijuana seeds:
- Auto CBD Haze Feminized
- Auto CBD Critical Mass Feminized
- CB Autoflower Cheese
- CB Dutch Treat Feminized
- CB Diesel CBD Feminized
When you are shopping for marijuana seeds online or at local weed dispensaries, it is important to know the different categories that cannabis seeds come in first. Because cannabis seeds come with different effects and characteristics, you should settle for the ones that would fit your cannabis gardens. All of these strains are available at Crop King Seeds.
With a wide range of different types of weed strains at their disposal, they make it a goal to provide only the best and freshest batch of weed seeds to their customers. Additionally, their worldwide shipping makes it accessible to anyone regardless of where they are located. Accepted payment methods include cash, credit cards (Visa and MasterCard), BitCoin, and Interac (for Canadian citizens only). Order now!