Considering that the field of marijuana is already a booming industry, we seek ways on how can we develop the growth and research other processes increasing its potency. On an average, the flowering time of growing marijuana is around 8 up to 12 weeks tops and our goal is for you to get the best quality buds. Through research, we figured a way on how you can come up with your own feminized seeds. You may be curious why? Well, considering that most if not all experienced growers cultivate within the vicinity of their homes, we conducted research on how to make your own feminized seeds. Yes, it is available in seed banks but when you come to think of it, making your own will save you time and money.
Regardless, with the use of traditional fertilization, you have no control whether the gender of the marijuana plant is female or male. Cannabis connoisseurs prefer female marijuana plants because of the potency it upholds and in addition, you are more likely to maximize the utilization after its cultivation. Since you cannot determine whether a marijuana plant is a male or female, it is impossible for you to alter the gender of the produced seeds.
Why Prefer Feminized Seeds?
Cannabis connoisseurs prefer feminized seeds because of its relatively high tetrahydrocannabinol content than of male seeds. Being cultivated for over 10,000 years now, marijuana is still under research and development to figure out ways on how they can enhance cultivation. Depending on the environment and method used, it is a guarantee that you can come up with feminized seeds. You have to be well-acquainted with the process of feminizing seeds because environmental factors such as inconsistent lighting, stress, and bad nutrients absorbed can affect its results alleviating its yield and effects.
Why do growers prefer feminized seeds, you ask? It is because male seeds have the ability to ruin the crops and put your plant into waste. Not just that, feminized seeds adjust in limited space provided as long as there is air circulation, light, and water. That is what they adore the most about feminized seeds. There are fewer restrictions but it will provide you with impressive yields.
How do You Make a Plant Produce a Feminized Pollen?
On an article by Nebula Haze’s Grow Weed Easy, if you are not that experienced and educated in this process, you might want to conduct extensive research and you can follow our steps from there. The feminized pollen is produced by a female plant’s pollen sacs. With the feminized pollen, you will be able to fertilize a female plant. So, there are processes on how you can come up with a feminized pollen.
1. The most recommended way is for you to chemically induce a feminized pollen. This the process most often used by professionals especially breeders and growing seed banks. Feminized seeds are one of the products considered as their best-sellers that is why as much as possible, they want to produce more. What we meant by chemically inducing feminized pollen is by using gibberellic acid and colloidal silver, in which both are chemical substances. If maintained to be soaked daily for approximately three up to four weeks, male pollen sacs will be produced by the female plant on a light cycle of 12 hours of light and 12 hours of darkness.
2. Another method commonly used by experienced growers is rhodelization. It is not a recommended process though because the selection of plants is due to its natural conditions. It is just used to save a dying marijuana plant as caused by stress. This method does not require chemical substances. It is purely natural. Yes, it will be able to produce female seeds but due to the fact that it is not induced chemically, it will grow to acquire both female and male sex organs.
Five Steps on How to Come Up with Your Own Feminized Seeds
This is very helpful especially to home growers and to businessmen who have their own seed banks. You might want to consider coming up with your own feminized seeds in five steps.
1. Make or Buy a Colloidal Silver – often used as a dietary supplement, colloidal silver is readily available online and in-store markets. It is best if you purchase a solution which contains 30 parts per million or higher for satisfying results. Making your own increases labor but it is an option too. How? Complete these equipment and follow these easy steps!
You will be needing the following:
* Crocodile clips
* Fine silver wire (0.9999) or fine silver coin (0.9999)
* Distilled water
* Black electrical tape
* Snap connectors and 9 Volt batteries
* Glass pots (make sure that it can withstand excessive heat)
* Heat source
Steps on Making Colloidal Silver
a) Using the battery connectors, strip parts of the wires before you connect the ends of the black and red wires. As you twist and fold the ends, make sure to secure it with electrical tape. If you want to be surer, soldering is also an option.
b) After doing the first step, you should have one red lead which is positive and another black lead which is negative.
c) Continuing the steps, fasten your crocodile clips to the black and red wires and flex it to the point that it will be able to hang on the edge of the glass pot.
d) With the use of the silver wire, secure the battery hanging upside down with electrical tape.
2. As Early as Three to Four Weeks of Growth, Spray the Growing Bud Sites on Your Female Plant – the preferred light cycle is 12/12 or 12 hours of light and 12 hours of total darkness. Scrutinizing your female plant, soak or spray the bud sites with colloidal silver. These buds will develop as flowers over time and will develop male sacs while the buds not soaked in colloidal silver will develop into female ones. Make sure that it did not have contact with the chemicals for it will be hazardous when you come to think of smoking it.
3. Production and Harvest of the Feminized Pollen – how will you know if the pollen is ready to be harvested? They oversize or swell looking like balloons. You have to be mindful that it can only be harvested when it is ready. Premature harvesting and inconsistent spraying of colloidal silver on the bud sites can result in empty sacs. To identify if the female pollen is ready, it will start to crack or to open up. After collecting the pollen sacs, give it a week to dry up.
4. Pollinate Another Female Plant – if the female plant is already flowering for about three up to four weeks, it is already ready to be pollinated. Another option that you would prefer is to pollinate the same plant that you used though it is not suggested considering that the timing of the cultivation would not match. To have satisfactory results, it is better if you use a different female plant to pollinate which will increase the production of seeds as well as genetic diversity.
5. Waiting Time – before harvest, you have to wait approximately six weeks from the time you pollinated the female plant. You will see if it is already ready resulting in its buds being oversized or swollen. As they burst out, it is ready to be collected. You have now made your own feminized seeds.
Perks of Using Feminized Seeds for Cultivation
* Stress-free Cultivation – the sexual intercourse of plants is easy with the use of feminized seeds. If you want a guarantee that your marijuana plant will produce bountiful yields, using feminized seeds is our best recommendation. Regardless if you do not possess all requirements in cultivation, it does not limit the growth and yield of the plant.
* Better Genetics – feminized seeds are carefully made to perfection to come up with satisfactory results. It ensures that cultivation under all environmental conditions will work well. You get better genetics considering that it promotes genetic diversity than any other seeds. It is more productive, aesthetically pleasing, potent and it smells great too.
* Controlled Breeding – having your own feminized seeds is a guarantee that what you see, is what you get. You get to have control during the process of cultivation. You will be well-acquainted about genetic diversity.
We are not promoting that in-store and online seed banks are not reliable. What we want you to achieve is to produce feminized seeds on your own. Not only it increases your knowledge about the cultivation of marijuana and how it works but we want you to gain the experience it. It may take time before you become well-acquainted with the process but it is going to be worth it. Being able to produce your own feminized seeds is actually a great start especially if sales of marijuana is what you do. You no longer have to depend on seed banks considering that you can do it on your own.