Anxiety and depression. One comes with the other. In each month in the united states, around 20% of people experience an episode of one or the other. Worldwide, it has been estimated that 350 million people suffer from depression. Read until the end about the best marijuana strains for anxiety and depression where formally you will have ideas about this.
They are both grouped into what we call mood disorders. Mood disorders are more than meets the eye, and are complex, with a lot of factors in them. They bring difficulties in the lives of the people and the individuals that are close to them.
Despite having a murky classification between them, you can say they are distinct from each other. Consulting a doctor is always best before doing any self medications. These are included but not limited to:
- Severe depression (depressive disorder)
- Bipolar disorder
- Persistent depressive disorder
Best Marijuana Strains for Anxiety and Depression: Causes and Symptoms
Mood disorders such as anxiety and depression are not fully understood, There are still ongoing studies on how they occur or what causes them in the first place. However, they are thought due to the three factors, which are:
- Brain chemistry
- Life events
- Genetic predisposition
Apparently, genetics play a big part in this too. There is a greater chance of getting a mood disorder when they have a family member with one too. One of the most mentioned causes should be traumatic events that happened, which will trigger in the future and will persist for long periods of time. The chemicals which the brain sends also influence mood disorders, where it’s usually the improper amounts of said chemicals.
Worse comes to worst, it’s a mix of all three. Scientists are still baffled on how this happens so it is vital for more research on mood disorders, since it may vary from person to person. People may have these symptoms when experiencing mood disorders.
- Sudden helplessness
- Low self esteem
- Lost of interests (hobbues, activities, even decrease in sex drive)
- Bad body clock, unusual sleeping patterns.
And many, many more. That’s why it is suggested to go see a medical professional when it comes to these. Maybe your “usual habits” are signs of them.
The Cure? Conventional Treatments
As of the writing of this article, most mood disorders do not have an absolute cure. But fret not, there are tried and tested treatments that have achieved success and even practiced enough for individuals to live back their normal lives.
Some medications like, SSRIs (e.g., Prozac), SNRIs, (e.g, Fetzima), MAOIs (e.g, Nardil) are the common medications that are prescribed to depressive disorder patients. In bipolar disorder, they are prescribed with antidepressants. Doctors often prescribe one or more when there are severe cases and are looking for unconventional alternatives, like the therapy or, what we’re about to talk about, best marijuana strains for anxiety and depression.
The Cure. Medical Cannabis
Many patients, either users or not, have slowly been turning to medical cannabis as a treatment, One, because it is quite hard to overdose with it, compared to the myriad of medications. Adding to that, not only does it work with anxiety, depression, and the like, but it also assists in some symptoms that are common in mood disorders (like, insomnia, appetite loss, aggression). The greener solution is here, and here’s a list of the strains that help through them
Strains that Help Fight Against Anxiety and Depression
- Considered as a multipurpose best marijuana strains for anxiety and depression, not only does it relax the user but it also offers relief to many medical conditions, since it has its high THC content that can sweep away ailments. To patients with insomnia, PTSD, anxiety, ADHD, and depression, this can be helpful to manage them. With a myriad of uses, this can be split into 2 ways. Mental conditions and mood disorders can be alleviated with some microdoses since it has been observed that having too much can actually cause unnecessary paranoia and anxiety. With physical symptoms, this can clear your headaches and migraines discomfort from the temples, hence the name. Widely used to reduce discomfort by muscle spasm, chronic pain, lack of appetite, soreness, and body tension. If you’re looking to alleviate these, be prepared for a higher dose.
- With a balanced THC and CBD ratio, this has one of those strains that keep your mind focused and uplifted. It works so well that it is marketed as one of the best medical cannabis on the market and works even against muscle spasms, chronic pains, and migraines. Users benefit by gaining a head high without the risk of anxiety, and a relaxant body high without the couch lock property.
- Cannabis has its own way to uplift positive thoughts and numb down negative ones. With its powerful body high, it’s a go-to strain for patients suffering from migraines, arthritis, chronic pain, and more. It can even be used as assistance for both insomnia and lack of appetite. Patients with mental conditions can easily manage by using this. However, be warned. Dosage is the most important aspect in taking these. If you’re looking for physical relief, take a higher dose. In contrast, for those with mental conditions, it is wise for them to take a smaller dose.
- Easily one of the most famous medicinal strains, ACDC has been assisting patients with a myriad of medical conditions. It was as if Mother Nature has sent us a plant that it’s sole purpose is to alleviate and heal both the mind and body, without any psychoactive effects. The best marijuana strains for anxiety and depression are geared more for patients than recreational users that way because this can make you experience the medicinal properties over getting the overly high effect that other strains do. From stress, insomnia, depression, and seizures, ACDC has also been backed up by some scientific studies that CBD it contains does make the difference in treating patients.
- Painkiller supreme. If you’re in need of something against headaches, join paints, migraines, this one”s for you. Just like ACDC, it doesn’t let the user get a potent high. It does give you an uplift in mood, a focused mindset, and anxiety relief. There can be some shift in perspective at times but users reported .that you can pull yourself back together. With its anti-inflammatory potency, it can also alleviate stiffness and joint pain. And since it can sustain mental focus, it can be used both for night and day for your heart’s content.