Among the different states in the USA, California is one of the first states to accept the cannabis industry. Both recreational and medicinal possession, cultivation and usage are allowed making it a progressive country when it comes to cannabis tourism. Due to the efforts of the government to polish the cannabis regulations in each city and counties, California has become the most cannabis-friendly place in the USA. Since it is legal to buy cannabis seeds in California, this article will help you further understand the do’s and don’ts in purchasing cannabis from them.
Guidelines in Buying Seeds in California
- You must be 21 years old and above to purchase recreational seeds to be used for smoking, eating, vaping and for different cannabis-infused products.
- You are only allowed to possess at least 28.5 grams of cannabis plant material and about 8 grams of concentrated cannabis.
- Unlike any other country that has a legal cannabis industry, you cannot open a package that contains cannabis in public places for consumption.
- It is not allowed to take your cannabis products across the different states in California even though the use of cannabis is legal.
- You will only be given medical cannabis products if you have a valid medical certificate.
In cities where home-grown cannabis is allowed, you can plant up to six plants per household whether grown outdoors or indoors as long as it is planted in an enclosed space and not visible to the public.
- There are no 24-hour cannabis dispensaries in California. Most of them close at around10 pm.
Where Can You Buy Cannabis Products in California?
Since the cannabis industry in California has been legalized, there have been different dispensaries across the state to show its support. Most of the cannabis dispensaries in California offers both recreational and medicinal cannabis products. The government of California has set up a website where all state licensed dispensaries are controlled through the California Bureau of Cannabis.
Purchasing cannabis products in different cities in California doesn’t have the same regulations that are why if you that is why if you want to purchase from different dispensaries across California, you must know the cannabis regulations in each area. There are also cities in California that allow home-grown cannabis whether indoors or outdoors and there are also cities where you cannot grow cannabis outdoors.
Things to Consider in Buying Seeds in California
- You may invest in a medical marijuana card if you want to consume more than 8 grams of cannabis for medical use.
- If you have health insurance sponsored by the government, you may not be covered for medical marijuana that is why it is best if you also have a medical marijuana card.
- You can purchase online from a different city in California and have it shipped to your locations, however, you cannot have someone else to receive your package.
- Most of the cannabis dispensaries in California would require you to prove your age so always bring your identification card with you.
- There are dispensaries in California where they are not accepting cards so it is best to always bring cash every time you enter a dispensary to avoid inconvenience during the checkout.
- You can purchase cannabis seeds online as long as you would check upon the cannabis store where you would invest and also make sure that they ship in the USA.
Cannabis Seeds that You Can Buy in California
This is a popular Sativa strain that is distinct when it comes to its characteristics, potency, flavor, and aroma. It provides a warm and pleasant head rush that uplifts the mood. This is not only a good recreational strain but it is now making a mark on the medicinal cannabis world.
It only grows up to 160cm and gives a yield up to 500 grams per meter squared in 9 weeks when grown indoors. This is a night time strain that gives a couch-lock effect when used in large amount but it is considered as a wake and bake strain because it provides a clear-headed high due to its THC content that ranges between 18-20%.
2. Maple Leaf
This cannabis strain is a pure Indica. Its shape, aroma, and flavor are like maple tree leaf as its name would suggest. It is descendant from a pure landrace Afghani Indica strain. It has a potency level of 12-18% that makes inexperienced users knock out. It is known to be a strain that is narcotic and calming because it does its job as a medicinal strain while leaving the body its relaxing effects.
This can be a perfect indoor growing strain because of its short flowering period of 45 days that produces large, dense buds with a thick layer of trichomes. This is a perfect strain to grow if you have limited space available because it would only grow about 110cm.
3. Northern Lights
This award-winning strain is favored by both medicinal and recreational user. It is known to be a two hit and quit strain because of its effects on both mental and physical aspects. It is an Indica strain that got its roots from Afghanistan. This is an extremely potent strain with a THC content of 33%.
This strain grows well indoors whether in soil or hydroponics using different growing techniques such as SOG or SCROG. This is a strain ideal for beginners because it is not high maintenance and is disease or pest resistant. It produces at least 100 grams per plant perfect for those who prefer quality over quantity.
4. Grand Daddy Purple
This strain’s fantastic genetics came from its parents Purple Urkle and Big Bud. This strain is a popular strain known for its photogenic qualities because of its outstanding appearance. It has dense and fuzzy buds that have indigo and purple hues. Its trichomes are covered with heavy resin and orange hairs. Its taste of rich mixed fruits smooth hashy delivers psychoactive effects that kick in both mind and body.
Aside from its delivery of relaxation and overwhelming feelings of happiness and euphoria, it is also widely used for its medical uses for pain management such as arthritis, muscle spasm and is also helpful for insomnia, stress, and loss of appetite. It is best to keep this strain indoors to maintain its physical properties through pruning techniques and humidity control.
5. Silver Haze
This strain is a Hybrid strain that has a balanced content of Indica and Sativa characteristics. It is a cross between Haze and Northern Lights. Its name is derived from its frosty trichome appearance that produces a silvery hue until its buds. It is a strain perfect for indoor growing because of its medium height and it does not emit a hard smell. This is a favored strain for both connoisseur and beginner because of its flavor and aroma of citrus and piney.
It has a medium difficulty and when grown indoors, it provides 14 ounces per meter squared of yield. This is a strain perfect for day time use because of its uplifting vibe that elevates the mood. This is commonly used for its cerebral effects that effectively reduces anxiety, stress, and chronic aches and pain. This is a potent strain that has 20%-24% THC content.
Both recreational and medicinal cannabis seeds can be purchased in California. The only thing you have to consider is to check if you are eligible in buying cannabis seeds from different dispensaries in California. There are different cannabis seeds that can be bought in California but you must check if it is suitable in your area.