A Quick Guide To Marijuana Seed Germination
The process of germination is the first step of your journey when growing your own marijuana plant. Marijuana seed germination is the process of getting your seed to transform and prepare them before planting. You will know when it is ready for planting when a small tendril pops out of the seed. The color is white and it looks like a small root. There are different methods used in this process, however, we will show you the simplest and most effective way to do so. Seed banks as Crop King Seeds guarantee a minimum of 80% success rate in the germination process with their seeds. This is because their seeds are checked thoroughly to give you a better experience in planting.
Most customers experience a 100% success rate in the process of germination. With the easy steps, you can start in your own homes to ensure the success of your marijuana garden.
The first important thing before you start is choosing a high-quality cannabis strain from Crop King Seeds. It is best that you choose the strain that works well for you. Darkness, warmth, and moisture are the three most important factors to have successful germination results.
While there are many ways to germinate the seeds, the paper towel method by far is the easiest and most effective way to do it. It is simple and does not need rocket science to do this process.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Using a clean plate, lay flat 2 pieces of paper towel. Moisten the paper towels by spraying spring water in it. Remember to just moisten them without drowning it with water.
- Lay down your seeds gently having about an inch apart between to give them enough space for growing.
- Using the other 2 pcs of paper towels, cover the seeds gently.
- With the use of another clean paper plate, cover the seeds to keep the moisture and create darkness.
- Wait for another 24 to 48 hours, checking regularly to see any changes. Watch out for a sprout of a small root coming out. Some seeds may take a week especially when the seeds are old.
- When the seeds have popped already and tiny roots appear, it is a sign that it is now ready for planting.
- Use tweezers to remove the seeds in case it gets stuck dry to the paper towel, spray it with water to moisten and remove it easily. Do not force it out to avoid damage to the seed.
- Now you are ready for planting. The seeds should be planted right away.
- Prepare your pot with a light, airy and moist medium. Poke a hole in the middle, around quarter to a half-inch deep. Put in the seeds, root facing DOWN. Cover the seed with more medium (potting soil) without pushing downwards. It is important that you do not plant the seed too deep. Keep the medium moist and warm too. You can cover the pot with a clear wrap to add humidity.
It may take a couple of days to see progress in your newbie plant. if you see a seedling emerging, then you are on the right path.
Most seeds will start to germinate within 24 to 48 hours. Depending on the cannabis strain because some can take 7 days. The paper towel method is the closest replication of the process done naturally. In cases that seeds fail to germinate, you may have not allowed the seeds to sit in water long enough or maybe the paper towel is either too wet or too dry. Check to see if the temperature is neither too cold or too hot. Another thing to remember is using bottled spring water. Tap water may have impurities that will affect the process of your seed germination.