Denver and Canada are both countries that are both considered as the number 1 supplier of cannabis seeds worldwide. When it comes to the growth and cultivation of cannabis seeds, these two countries have an equal way of doing things when it comes to cannabis because a big factor of it is there demographics. Technically, they have the same weather conditions so a strain that can can buy cannabis seeds in Denver at the same conditions.
But do they have the same policies when it comes to cannabis acquisition and possession?
Cannabis Industry in Canada
Nowadays, Canada is one of the best places if you are a pothead. Their government encourages cannabis consumers to be responsible and not to be dependent on it. The reason why the cannabis industry in Canada is being successful is because of both medical and recreational cannabis for consumption, cultivation possession and acquisition is legal. However, cannabis regulations in each province in Canada have its own rules and regulations when it comes to promotion, advertising, and packaging of cannabis products.
Facts About Cannabis Policies in Canada
- Only 19 years old and above are allowed to enter any cannabis dispensary and to acquire cannabis products.
- Only dried cannabis, seeds, and flowers are allowed for recreational use. Cannabis vape pens and other toke types of equipment are not yet allowed for sale this time.
- You are only allowed to carry 30 grams of weed when loitering around Canada and are not allowed to use it in public places.
- You are allowed to purchase 4 kinds of different seed strains at once if you prefer to grow your own cannabis plant just but make sure that in every household you only have a total of 4 pots.
- It is important to recognize a legal cannabis store. Every cannabis product’s packaging has a standardized cannabis symbol with health warning messages on it. An indication that it is protected is the cannabis excise stamp on the packaging as well.
- Cannabis edibles are not yet for sale because there is a tendency that minors will eat them because of the disguise packaging.
Cannabis Industry In Denver
The acquisition and possession of cannabis in Denver are legalized in January 2014 which led to the increase of cannabis tourism in their country. There are two different sets of policies in Denver when it comes to recreational and medicinal use. The cannabis industry in Denver and in the whole Colorado is booming as there are a lot of cannabis dispensaries across the country.
Facts About Cannabis Policies in Denver
- For medicinal use, 18 years old and above are allowed to use cannabis. Ages 18-21 years old need to present their health care or medical certificate while consumers in all age brackets should present a government-issued I.D upon entering the cannabis dispensary.
- The use of cannabis cannot be openly consumed publicly. It is restricted to use cannabis in different public facilities such as restaurants, parks, trains, bus stations, etc.
- Residents and visitors are allowed to possess up to 1 ounce of cannabis at a time for recreational use while medicinal cannabis patients are allowed to possess at least 2 ounces of cannabis at a time.
- It is not allowed to sell cannabis to those under 21 years old. If an 18-year-old user is caught with the possession of cannabis without supporting medical documents, he or she can face a civil penalty.
- If you are driving, your THC consumption should not be greater than 5 nanograms of THC in your blood. You will be arrested if the THC level exceeds the allowed THC content in the blood.
- You are not allowed to leave Denver with the possession of cannabis because Denver International Airport prohibits the possession of cannabis.