Colorado-grown pot is known for its quality and flavor. The state is one of the first states in the US that declared legalization of marijuana use. Growing cannabis in homes is also allowed to some extent. Find out if it’s better to order seeds from Canada seed bank sites or from Colorado seed bank. We will compare how the two places deal with their customers and which one offers the best quality products.
Important Seed Bank Rules
Before we compare the two places to buy cannabis, let’s first check basic rules regarding buying seeds and cannabis products in Canada and Colorado.
In Canada, you must be at least 19 years of age to buy cannabis, seeds, paraphernalia and other cannabis products. You must also be 19 years of age to accept deliveries related to cannabis through mail.
If you will buy seeds from local seed banks, you will be asked to present an identification card or ID before you can order seeds.
When growing cannabis in Canada, you are allowed to grow as many as 4 plants. You must grow this in a secure place, preferably under lock and key and away from children and pets.
Whereas in Colorado, you must be at least 21 years of age to buy cannabis, seeds, accessories and other cannabis products. You will also be asked for identification when you enter seed banks or dispensaries.
You are allowed to grow up to 6 plants with three plants can be mature at a time. In Colorado, seeds and cannabis deliveries are not allowed. When you order online or by phone, you must pick your orders up from the seed bank or dispensary.
And just like growing cannabis in Canada, you must be a responsible grower by keeping your plants under lock and key. You cannot grow in areas near schools, community centers, and other public areas. You must also take care of strong cannabis smells.
Seed Bank Locations
Canada and Colorado seed banks are found mostly in areas where people converge and remain. You will find seed banks near transportation hubs, hotels, entertainment centers, and malls.
But as you move farther from the city, you may run out of luck finding a seed bank. This is why buying cannabis in Canada is more convenient. You can buy online if you live remotely from the city.
Local seed banks in both Canada and Colorado look like just any store. There is a storefront, signage and inside, a place where the customer can sit and check out the products offered. Some seed banks are also dispensaries where customers may also purchase cannabis products like dried flower, oils, edibles, topicals and so on.
Inside seed banks are representatives that can help you with your orders. It is common for first-time growers to visit and have questions and these reps will be able to answer anything about growing cannabis.
Because growing is legal in both places, discussing growing techniques are discussed openly. You can freely talk to fellow customers or ask anything related to growing weed. And this openness is also seen in online seed banks from Canada and Colorado.
Seed Bank Varieties
Canada seed banks come with a wide variety of seeds coming from local breeders and growers. Aside from these, some seed banks also carry seed varieties from overseas. You may also buy growing tools and equipment from these sites
Colorado seed banks are quite similar to Canadian seed banks because they sell local seeds coming from local breeders and growers and at the same time sell seeds from international sources as well. Most seed banks here also carry growing equipment, cannabis merchandise, headgear, and other cannabis-related products.
When it comes to seeds, both Colorado and Canadian seed banks offer variety. You will find regular seeds, medical seeds, high THC seeds, high CBD seeds, feminized seeds, auto-flowering seeds, and the list goes on.
Colorado is the haven for top cannabis strains so expect that companies here will offer seeds of Cannabis Cup winners. Even if you are new to growing weed you will also find easy to grow seeds, fast-growing seeds and so many more.
Cannabis Seed Costs
The cost of cannabis seeds varies from place to place. Usually, you will be able to buy cheap seeds from Canadian and Colorado seed banks. If you are on a budget, you can check out seeds from companies that offer discounts, promos, and deals.
Remember the following though, when checking out deals and discounts from these seed banks:
- Gather as many deals and discounts from different seed banks from Colorado or in Canada and compare these deals. These will give you more opportunity to save.
- Check the details of these deals and discounts. There are qualifying rules for these such as the place where you’re located, how much you have purchased and if you qualify because you’re a student, a medical patient or a senior patient.
- Check the date of the promo or discount. Seed banks have a year-round promo as well as a seasonal promo or discount. Some seed banks have rotational discounts and deals, therefore, you have to watch out for your favorite promo or deal each time.
- If the Canadian or Colorado seed bank you want to order from having a newsletter then join this so you can be updated with the latest deals and discounts.
- Look for seasonal deals. Usually, Canada and Colorado seed banks offer deals during April 20 (420), during the yuletide season, Labor Day, Halloween, Valentine’s Day and other notable seasons.
Online or Remote Ordering Possibility
Canadians are lucky because online and phone ordering is possible from local seed banks and online seed banks. Meanwhile, Colorado seed banks do not allow remote ordering.
When ordering seeds remotely in Canada, you must log in and buy seeds from legit online cannabis sites. Make sure that the online seed bank you are ordering from allows remote ordering and if so, indicate this in your order. When you are done the ordering, you will be given a time frame as to when you will be able to get your orders.
For local customers, usually, orders will arrive in just 2 to 5 days depending on where you are located. Orders are delivered via Canada Post and your package will be delivered to your door. The delivery man will ask for identification upon receipt of the package. You must be at least 19 years of age to receive orders.
If you are unable to receive orders at home, assign someone to receive your order. He must be at least 19 years of age to receive orders.
Overseas Shipment Availability
Not all seed banks in Canada and in Colorado will deliver seeds internationally. This is usually stated on the main page of the site or under the terms and conditions and FAQ of the company. If this is not explicitly stated, you must call customer service to inquire.
The time it takes for orders to arrive at the customer depends on the customer’s location and the delivery method that the customer used. Regular shipping can take weeks from Canada and Colorado seed banks. Meanwhile, expedited or fast shipping is more expensive but will be faster and equipped with a tracking system so the customer will be able to get their orders faster and securely.
Safety when Buying Seeds Online
When it comes to safety or safety ordering seeds online, both Canadians and Colorado residents are vulnerable to scam sites IF they order recklessly from just any online site online. Just like shopping for anything online, you need to be very careful.
Remember the following when ordering online seeds from Colorado or Canadian seed banks
- Read reviews of the seed bank that you wish to order seeds from. There are a lot of review sites to check out and make sure to read any negative reviews and find out if the seed bank was able to resolve the issue.
- Ask recommendations from friends or family before you choose a site. Look for people you trust who have ordered from the seed bank before.
- Check the payment method offered by the site. Your preferred payment method should be offered.
- The seed bank should offer stealth delivery options to ensure the safety of your orders.
- The seed bank should have a number of contact information. Phone number, email address, customer contact forms, and chat service are important so you can contact the seed bank in case of problems with your orders.
Canadian Seed Banks or Colorado Seed Banks?
Despite different rules regarding cannabis seeds buying and growing, Canada seed banks and Colorado seed banks have a lot in common. Reputable seed banks from both places are able to offer the best seeds from different varieties and strains have international shipping and are able to provide good customer service.
It’s up to you, the customer, to find the best local or online seed bank from Canada or Colorado. Remember that only when you shop smart will you be able to find the right seed bank for your needs.