On an average, the flowering time of cultivating cannabis strains is around 10 to 11 weeks depending on its classification. Some even take longer than that. Well, why wait when there are strains that can be grown in a short period of time. This is the dream of cannabis connoisseurs especially those who are growing for business considering that the demand is progressing. Of course, you will proceed with what is convenient for you. The shorter the flowering time, the more chances of harvest and the more customers to cater.
We introduce to you one of the best-selling classifications of strain which grows faster than cannabis indica or sativa, autoflowering cannabis strains. Experienced cannabis growers prefer this strain considering that it is not that difficult to cultivate. Knowing the nature of autoflowering strains, it is established to uphold the same nature of cannabis ruderalis which is a hemp strain. In comparison to both cannabis sativa and cannabis indica, autoflowering strains begin to flower within the first four weeks of growing. The good thing about it is that it has low levels of tetrahydrocannabinol which makes it perfect for first-time smokers. Researchers, as well as smokers, are fond of this classification of strain because of its low to no psychoactive effects. As per an article written by Royal Queen Seeds, growing autoflowering cannabis strains are not that difficult to cultivate. It will work well on being grown indoors, outdoors or even in greenhouses if you prefer a more controlled environment. The good thing about growing these strains is that as early as four weeks, it will start to flower showing no signal. This is the reason why its growing time is complete within a short span of time making it useful for people growing it within the vicinity of their home.
What are the characteristics of autoflowering cannabis strains?
* Autoflowering cannabis are short in height which makes it preferably grown indoors in a controlled environment. The good thing about this is that it is not difficult to maintain and monitor. It is not necessary to trim it every now and then.
* Easy to grow is one of the characteristics of autoflowering cannabis strains. Unlike other classifications of cannabis, monitoring and maintenance is not a problem because it does not require 24-hour surveillance. In addition to this, inexperienced growers are welcome to try.
* The cannabis connoisseurs’ dream is to cultivate quick growing strains. On an average, autoflowering cannabis strains flower in around 8 to 9 weeks which is way shorter than cannabis sativa and indica.
* One of the characteristics of autoflowering strains is its abundant yield. It is surprising considering that these strains grow short.
* Working well with being grown indoors, outdoors and in greenhouses, autoflowering cannabis strains are most resistant to diseases, molds, and mildew.
Can you grow autoflowering cannabis strains on the 12/12 light cycle? The answer is yes. It is possible. On a normal scenario generic cannabis strains require 18 up to 24 hours of sunlight per day but what do you think makes autoflowering strains different that it is able to flower with only 12 hours of sunlight per day? The growth of autoflowering strains receiving less sunlight is perfectly fine. It will still be able to flower yet in comparison to those who acquire 18 to 24 hours of light, the buds are much smaller but the yield is abundant.
The process of 12/12 is 12 hours of light and 12 hours of darkness. The benefits of this process are that it is more economical considering that it will alleviate your electricity costs. Temperature wise, autoflowering cannabis strains are considerate. Working well with the indoor and outdoor environment it adjusts to the shifting of season. From summer, autumn, sprint to winter, it does not affect the abundance of the yield of the autoflowering strains. If you may ask, how much light does autoflowering cannabis strains require? To be honest with you, with or without a 12-12 light cycle, this strain will be able to bloom. It can or it cannot work depending on the strain that you are trying to grow.
On an average, the life cycle of autoflowering cannabis is ready to be harvested as early as the 8th week of cultivation but not later than the 12th week. It does not necessarily require the designated light schedule of 12/12 for the buds to bloom for it will grow regardless of its distribution of light and dark. Given the short flowering time, you have to be mindful of the progress of the autoflowering strain because even though it is not that sensitive, the temperature and humidity will affect its growth as well as its yield.
To answer your question, growing autoflowering cannabis strains may or may not work in the 12/12 cycle depending on the nature of the strain that you are trying to grow. The chances of this process working on autoflowering cannabis are 50%. Knowing its nature, it is used to the 16/8 cycle but this is for outdoor-grown strains. Considering that it is one of the flexible species which works well in recreational and medicinal utilization. You have to bear in mind that the characteristics it upholds are way better than cannabis indica and sativa in terms of growth, effects, and utilization. What more can you ask for? The introduction of autoflowering cannabis strains is a whole new page for cannabis connoisseurs.
Why should you grow autoflowering cannabis strains using the 12/12 light cycle? What makes it more efficient in terms of sales and utilization? The 12/12 light cycle to be used on
autoflowering cannabis strains is one on the options. Why? This classification of cannabis requires changing in light schedules.
1. Small and compact yields as caused by the fact that it is a descendant of cannabis ruderalis. This is more beneficial especially to those who have limited spaces to cultivate cannabis. With the rapid flowering time, you will be able to produce more buds in a short span of time.
2. There are no changes in photoperiod required. The change in the process of acquiring light is not required to change. It will flower abundantly regardless of the sudden change in a light cycle that is its unique characteristic as compared to cannabis sativa and indica in which change in light cycles are required in order to cause flowering.
3. Short flowering time is what autoflowering cannabis strains using the process of 12/12 light cycle composed of. The reason why cannabis growers prefer this it is because of the efficiency it provides.
In contrary to what autoflowering cannabis strains can offer are the disadvantages it is acquainted with. You have to bear in mind these factors in order to avoid discrepancies in terms of growth and effects. These are the possible factors why autoflowering cannabis are not suggested for the 12/12 light cycle.
1. The size of the buds is being compromised considering the number of hours exposed to light and exposed in the dark. The buds are not as big as the ones with plenty of light exposure. Considering that they are genetically smaller, it would not look like a tree but more of a bush instead.
2. The low tetrahydrocannabinol is another factor. This is neutral whether if it is an advantage or disadvantage. This is a good thing if you will be using cannabis for the sake of medicine but if you are seeking for recreational pleasure, we bet you would not be satisfied because of its low to no psychoactive effects.
3. The lighting is the most significant factor compromised. Since autoflowering plants work well with the indoor and outdoor environment, the exposure of lighting is somehow compromised.
Will it work if autoflowering cannabis strains on a 12/12 light cycle? Yes, it will. Normal autoflowering cannabis strains are required to have 18 to 24 hours of exposure to light but
how will they adapt to the 12/12 light cycle? Researchers believe that cannabis strains need an exposure to darkness too considering that too much exposure to the sun may result in the strains being burnt out. According to a cannabis connoisseur researching about the characteristics of autoflowering cannabis strains, 12/12 is not the best light schedule for this classification of strain but it is an option. It is only possible considering that autoflowering ones are not that sensitive in terms of light exposure. It is not the best recommendation considering that less exposure to light means less absorption of energy alleviating chances of an abundant growth. The most fundamental benefit why this type of strains are preferred it is because of the impressive yields harvested in a short span of time in cultivating. In comparison to sativa strains and indica strains, autoflowering cannabis strains tend to be more intense in terms of regulating relief from stress-related conditions. This is what most people are seeking considering that laboratory-formulated medicine is not enough to sustain their needs. Its low psychoactive effects are what makes it in-demand for patients.