Table of Contents
Cannabis consumers and growers around the world love purchasing top quality seed online. Online seed banks give growers the opportunity to buy seeds that they won’t be able to find in local seed banks. Another reason why buying seeds online are more preferred than buying locally is you can pay for your purchases using your preferred payment option. When you buy seeds online Canada, the two most popular ways to buy weed seeds with a credit card or debit card.
Use this quick guide to find out how to use credit cards and Debit Cards. Learn more about these payment options that buyers prefer the most.
Purchasing Marijuana Seeds with Credit Card
Almost all Canadian seedbanks accept major credit card payments. This includes MasterCard, Visa, or Discover Card. You’ll be surprised as to the great perks waiting for you every time you use your card.
- Depending on your credit card, you will get special offers like price cut off per purchase, points for every purchase, or a free item or free delivery when you use your card.
- You’ll get special offers from the seed bank like free seeds, free delivery or free growing manuals, bibles, and guides.
- You’ll get discounts on stealth delivery or international deliveries.
A lot of consumers online and offline prefer to use their credit cards because they don’t need to pay for their purchases in full. However, there is also a number who are not comfortable about giving their credit card information online. Therefore, find out about the seed bank site before proceeding with your orders. Find out if this is a reputable site before buying anything.
How to do it?
If you have purchased anything online before then you are pretty much ready to buy seeds online.
But before selecting the seeds you want to purchase, check if the online seed bank accepts the credit card you will be using. Usually, this is indicated on the first page or home page but if this is not specified, check the site’s FAQ, terms and conditions page, or contact customer support.
- Once you have verified that the credit card you want to use is accepted, create an account, and start buying seeds.
- When you are done selecting the type of seed, strains and the quantity of the seeds, proceed to checkout.
- Select the delivery method you wish to use. Remember that delivery methods may vary in pricing. You can choose from the options and shipping methods.
- Double-check your order and make sure that everything is correct. Review your delivery address as well. When everything looks right, then you can proceed to pay your orders.
- Select the option to pay using your credit card. Choose the type of credit card you will use.
- You will need to input your credit card number as well as the numbers at the back of the card.
- After payment, you will receive a confirmation email with the details of your purchase. It will also include the expected date of delivery and the tracking number of your order.
- Take note of the tracking number as this is the reference number that is used by the shipping company. This is important especially when you are ordering from a seed bank overseas. The tracking number will enable you to locate your order.
Purchasing Weed Seeds with Credit Card
One of the most convenient ways to make payments is by using a Debit card. However, not all online seed banks accept this form of payment. Debit cards are linked to a local checking account. Every time you use the card, the amount you purchased is deducted from your checking account automatically.
Just like using a credit card, you need to verify if this payment option is accepted before you proceed.
Buy the seeds you need and verify the delivery method you wish to use. When you are done, select the option to pay using your debit card.
You will be asked some important information about your debit card including your bank name, debit card number, and other relevant information.
You will also receive a confirmation message regarding your purchase and details about the delivery. If you have not received an email to confirm your purchase, contact your bank and find out if the amount or the payment has pushed through. Once payment is received by the seed bank, your order will start its process and ship it to you.
Is a Debit Card Safe?
A lot of people are skeptical about using their debit cards because they are afraid that their banking information may be hacked. As a common rule, it is best that you are comfortable with the payment method that you will be using.
Common Concerns When Paying with your Credit Card and Debit Card
Identity theft is real and is happening every day. It is easy to steal someone else credit card or debit card information and use these to buy anything online or offline.
Because of this, you must exercise proper precautions, not only when purchasing marijuana seeds online or other merchandise using your credit card. This is also the same reason why you need to find a reputable seed bank to process your payment without having to worry.
Take time to read reviews and other people’s experiences and recommendations, most especially from the ones who have tried purchasing cannabis online.
Other popular payment options in Canada
Cash on delivery
This is a very convenient payment option for people who don’t have a credit card or debit card and for people who don’t want to use their credit cards.
Not all online seedbanks accept COD but those who do usually offer this payment option to local customers.
With COD, the delivery company, or in the case of Canadian seed banks, Canada Post, packages are delivered locally and payment is collected at the door of your home.
You must be around to claim your orders but if you are unable to do so, Canada Post will leave a note on your door to tell you where to claim your package. The delivery person won’t leave any packages on your doorstep.
You may also assign someone else to accept your order for you. Just make sure that he is at least 19 years old and with a valid identification card.
Another common payment option is by bank transfer. Usually, the seed bank has a bank account number indicated on its site.
Use this number to pay for your purchases when you buy online. In some cases, you can call up your bank to transfer funds from your bank account to the seed bank’s bank account. Once the payment confirmation, the seed bank will now process your orders.
One of the latest addition to payment methods offered by online seedbanks in Canada is cryptocurrency such as Bitcoin and Litecoin. These are virtual currencies that are used to perform simple payment tasks online.
You must have a Bitcoin wallet to use this payment method. Bitcoin works as a virtual payment system. Its convenience and currency allow you to make payments online.
Like other payment options, double-check if the seed bank accepts Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies.
Some online seedbanks will take check payments and although this is a convenient payment option, it can take a long time to receive your orders from the mail.
The usual steps when paying by check is you first place your order from the seed bank. Inform customer service that you will pay using a check.
Next, fill out a check payable to the seed bank. If you are unsure what to write on the check, contact customer service.
The amount indicated on the check will be the total amount of the seeds plus delivery and shipment fees.
- Check the mailing address of the seed bank because you will need this to mail the check to the company.
Place the filled out check inside the envelope and send it. The seed bank company will process your order once it has received your payment.