Under Proposition 64, California residents may grow their own marijuana plants for personal use. If you live in the state, you can buy cannabis seeds from California seed banks and start your own personal garden.
Whether you’re growing recreational or medicinal cannabis, you’ll find the best strains and good service from the following cool cannabis dispensaries in California. Here the top five:
BARC Beverly Alternative Relief
Don’t miss this local seed bank near Beverly Hills. BARC is a seed bank that also has a large number of clone plants.
You’ll also find brand new cloned strains from very popular breeders like Dark Heart Nursery. Strains like Original Glue, Remedy, and Black Jack.
BARC has a wide variety of good strains including dried flower, concentrates, edibles, pre-rolled joints, and clones. If this is your first time shopping at BARC, you can enjoy 10% off on your orders. Bring a friend who’s also a newbie and get 10% on both of your purchases.
Other promos from BARC include the Early Bird promo when you visit from 10 AM to 11 AM and their Happy Hour from 7 to 10 PM daily, you’ll get up to 50% off on their products. Deliveries are free when you live anywhere in Los Angeles. Check out new delivery listings on Weedmaps for more promos and deals.
Just a few of their spectacular offers like Acaiberry Gelato, Key Lime, Strawberry Sherbert, Wedding Cake, Cru Blue, Blue Krush, Face on Fire, Crown OG and Shark Shock.
Desert Organic Solutions
Located in Palm Springs, Desert Organic Solutions has tapped the power of the sun to grow their organic cannabis seeds. This company offers affordable high CBD strains in Palm Springs.
Desert Organics offers a variety of products including dried flowers, concentrates, edibles, pre-rolls, seeds, and other cannabis-related products. You can find THC-rich strains high CBD strains, seeds from different top breeders and growers in the US and from overseas plus affordable cannabis seeds ready to germinate.
Desert Organic Solutions offer a large number of cool classic strains including Gelato, Lamborghini OG, Ringo’s Gift. Blue Dream, Lucy’s Diamonds, Pineapple Wonder, SFV OG, Platinum OG, Super Silver Haze, Cake Batter and so many more.
At Desert Organic, you’ll be able to buy medical strains, recreational strains and more. This store offers veteran discounts plus ATMs are available on site. All new customers will receive a free gift with their orders. This is recommended as the best cannabis seed bank in Coachella Valley.
805 Beach Breaks
805 Beach Breaks is located at San Obispo County in Grover Beach. Experts say that its all about the soil and the weather in the county that makes this a conducive place to buy healthy and high-yielding plants.
This seed bank has dried flowers, concentrates, marijuana edibles. pre-rolled joints, cartridges, topicals for pain, accessories and more. You will also find a wide variety of strains like beginner strains, classic strains, and potent strains.
Just a few of the strains that they offer are Dutch Treat, Chiesel, Triangle Mints, Clementine, OG, Molotov Cocktail, Sour Diesel X Lemon Kush and so many more. Discounts and deals offered as of writing this post are 15% off for seniors, veterans and industry employees. First-time buyers can get 5% off on their purchases.
Bloom Room is the place for premium-quality cannabis and great service. It is San Francisco’s best cannabis dispensary with the best selection of seeds, flowers, edibles, concentrates and so many more. Bloom Room does not just sell cannabis products but strives to educate their customers as well.
This seed bank wants customers to understand the many therapeutic properties of marijuana. Their products are tested in the lab for quality and effectiveness. Bloom Room offers dried flowers, concentrates, edibles, pre-rolls and so many more.
Just some of the deals you can get from Bloom Room includes Mix-It-Up Mondays where you can get up to 15% off when you buy four regularly-priced eights, Fat Tuesdays where you can receive 15% off of all edibles, Reefer Wednesdays where you get 15% off on all joints and their CBD Tuesdays where you can get 15% off on all of their products.
The best strains are available here like Cookies – Cherry Meringue, Synergy – Blueberry Shortcake, Connected – Cuties, Jahnetics – Rainbow Sherbet, Korova and Aloha Humbolt to name a few.
Berkeley Patients Group
Berkeley Patients Group is known as the US’ oldest dispensary which began in 1999. It is located in busy Berkeley and has a number of followers and patrons in the state and beyond. It has great promo offers including 30% off on hi-fi Hops Drinks through the 4th of July, 20% off on Kiva and 50% off on Tetra Labs until the 4th of July.
There is new promo offers year after year and you can be the first one to know when you check out their site or sign up for their newsletter. Berkeley Patients Group has dried flower, concentrates, edibles, seeds, pre-rolls, cartridges, topicals, clones and accessories for growing and recreational use.
Just a few strains from Berkeley Patients Group include Green Lantern, Papaya, Whitewalkers, Cypress OG, Citric Acid, Orange Sherbert, Sage OG, Baking Blend, Smoking Blend, Triple Scoop Gelato, Strawberry Banana and so many more.
California cannabis seeds buying rules
You must be at least 21 years and above may purchase and carry 28.5 grams of cannabis or 8 grams of concentrate.
Adults are limited to 8 ounces of cannabis daily. When buying cannabis seeds, adults older than 21 years old are allowed to purchase seeds and grow up to 6 plants in a place of residence. Growers are only allowed to grow cannabis for personal use. Medical cannabis users are allowed to cultivate 6 cannabis plants according to local rules. Patients who need medical cannabis are allowed to grow more plants.
Buying cannabis laws in California
- You can purchase from a number of cannabis seed banks or physical stores in key cities in the state. These stores are similar to other local seed banks especially when it comes to rules that should be followed by locals and visitors or tourists alike.
- Present your ID to enter and to order from a dispensary or seed bank.
- For medical cannabis customers, you must purchase from a medical dispensary. You must present your medical card, ID, as well as your prescription.
- The only payment accepted in US seed banks is cash. You may withdraw money from an ATM inside the seed bank if you do not have cash. Take note that almost all seed banks have an ATM inside their establishments.
- Some local seed banks come with online counterparts. These seed banks sell items that may also be purchased in the local shop.
- Some seed banks offer samples that customers can touch and smell however you are not allowed to smoke or consume this while you are inside the dispensary.
- For deals and discounts by local seed banks, these are offered only for a limited basis and are covered by certain rules.
Seed banks found locally are indeed a blessing for walk-in customers however, if you live remotely, you might get better results when you purchase seeds from an online seed bank.
- Check if the seed bank where you want to order seeds from delivers to the US.
- You must state your age and the region or country where you’re located.
- Payments are through credit card, account transfers, Western Union and even cryptocurrencies.
Stealth delivery is also available and this is recommended for people who live in places where cannabis growing and use is prohibited.
- You will be asked to present your ID when you receive your orders. If you fail to do this a card will be left at the door to tell you how and where you can claim your package.
- If you’re not home, you may assign someone else to receive your package for you. Your proxy should present an ID as well as proof of his age.
Important growing rules in California
- There are rules regarding cannabis growing in California. A responsible marijuana grower must consider the following rules.
- You are allowed to grow only a specific number of plants. If you are caught growing more, you might be subjected to fines and penalties.
- If you are growing due to a medical condition, you are allowed to grow more depending on the dose prescribed to you.
- You must secure your plants especially if you live with children. Place your plants under lock and key to keep these safe and secure.
- You are allowed to grow in your home or property provided that this is not near schools, playgrounds, daycare centers, and other recreational facilities.
- Be responsible with your dried flower, seeds and concentrates. Just like your plants, place these under lock and key to avoid accidental ingestion.
- If you want to grow medical cannabis, consult a marijuana-friendly doctor. You need to secure special permits and medical cards to start growing medical cannabis for your particular medical condition before you cultivate your medical strains.