Table of Contents
As the NHS has defined it, anxiety is the feeling of unease, or fear that can go from mild to severe. It can appear at anything, like having an exam, or a job interview. In these situations, they are perfectly normal. But for others, it is hard to control their worries. They literally worry too much that it can interfere with their daily lives. Stick with us until the end of the topic of the best marijuana strains for anti-anxiety.
Despite that, we are living in a society where you must live a high-pressure, fast paced life to be considered a contribution. We get stressed, worried, pressured. But honestly? That is a normal part in life.
With the multiple ways to get anxiety, there are also multiple ways to relieve them. Among them, medical marijuana is getting more popular among young adults. They’re easy to take, and with medical supervision, easy to obtain. Let’s first identify the problem.
Anxiety has been the precursor of the a lot of disorders, like:
- General Anxiety Disorder
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Panic disorders
- Social anxiety
And a whole lot more, with GAD leading it, afflicting 5% of Americans at some point. Apparently, women are more susceptible to the best marijuana strains for anti-anxietydisorders with the exception of PTSD, and they get it around the age of 50. It’s related when menopause sets in.
Best Marijuana Strains for Anti-Anxiety: Looking For Symptoms of Anxiety
Anxiety can be likened to ants. It never comes alone, and will be present in the most uncanny of situations. People tend to experience the following when they’re anxious:
- That feeling that everything is out of control
- Elevated levels of stress
- Low self esteem issues
- Anger management
Looking For: Treatment for Anxiety
Just because a topic is hard for people, doesn’t mean people aren’t willing to help. This is actually one of the hot topics in the research industry, which has led to a lot of treatments. That includes the following:
- Talk Therapy
- The essence of what socialization is, some things can be talked out. Not everyone can handle the stress and pressure of the problems they face, and everyone needs some help from time to time.
- Worse comes to worst, prescriptions do help. Xanax, Niravam and Paxil are the usual meds to take.
- Alternative Therapies
- Anything that wasn’t mentioned above is grouped here. A change of lifestyle is the most popular. Barely no cost at all, and effective, as long as it changes for the better.
Marijuana to Fight Anxiety?
Here’s a good one. The usage of marijuana can induce paranoia when taken in large doses. Another thing, panic attacks happened too, that’s why dispensaries might tell you to micro dose. However, if taken responsibly, it has the opposite effect.
Do note that there are classifications on the strains that will affect people. They are looking for those CBD-dominant strains where they reduce anxiety levels, which affects the serotonin receptors, while THC provides psychoactive effects that relieves stress and decreases best marijuana strains for anti-anxiety.
There’s a study in the Permanente Journal made by Shannon et al. shows that sleep and anxiety can be improved by CBD, and the study also showed that in the duration of the study, the levels stayed low.
Another study by Cuttler et al., which was published in the Journal of Affective Disorders, has delved into how marijuana works on stress, depression and anxiety symptoms. In the study, they have stated that there is an outstanding 58% percent reduction of stress and best marijuana strains for anti-anxiety, while there was a 50% reduction in depression.
Green Card: Strains against Anxiety
First and foremost, get a consultation with a doctor when you’re planning to use medical cannabis. Everyone has their own thresholds, whether they’ve been smoking for years or just puffing recreationally. Every strain has a different effect on both the mind and body so better look out for that. Here are some strains that are greatly helpful against anxiety:
- This strain is literally over performing, with the amount of medical conditions that it can help with. Relaxing, uplifting and keeps stress and mental illnesses away that can worsen anxiety and depression. ACDC can even help people with epilepsy, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s diseases, in which they reported a decrease in its symptoms after a few whiffs. The best part is that ACDC can be taken anyway, oil, eating, vaping or smoking. Truly a remarkable strain.
- One of the popular strains with great flavor, Purple Urkle helps patients with a lot of ailments. One prominent one though, is this is a good sleeping aid, so stay awake and use this before bedtime. Since this has a calming effect on both the mind and body, this will help eliminate the bad thoughts that plague your mind. The sedative effects that this strain possesses can be used for those with joint problems, muscle spasm and headaches.
- With great strains comes with great medical properties. Critical Mass is sedating enough that we would say, only use in the nighttime. The higher the dose, the more you risk sleeping immediately instead of experiencing the high. One of the best choices against anxiety and a variety of mental issues. However, micro dose first before taking a lot more. Pain management isn’t an issue, since this has high THC levels, and has an anti inflammatory property to boot. Perfect for muscle spasms, arthritis, and migraines.
- Name alone says it all. This was bred to be the alternative of traditional prescribed medicine, with a lot of medicinal properties to boot, which includes this as a substitute for opioids where Remedy displays the same outcome without the negative effects. Since this is a CBD heavy strain, aches and pains nothing to it, providing hours of relief. Even better, it doesn’t have the heavy drowsy side effects of the regular pain medications. By relaxing both your body and mind, this has been proven successful to reduce anxiety, stress and depression.
- Marketed as one of the best medicinal strains, it is widely used to treat pain, muscle spasm, migraines and even cerebral palsy. With its anti-inflammatory properties, this is also used for joint pains. Furthermore, with its THC and CBD ratio, it can keep the user focused, with a head high that prevents the best marijuana strains for anti-anxiety and a body high to keep you relaxed.