Nowadays, marijuana seeds have been the topic of countless studies and research. Every day, more and more people find themselves taking an interest in cannabis and the different properties that it contains. You see, the cannabis industry has seen a significant improvement over the years. Because of the legalization of its use and cultivation in many countries, marijuana is now on its way to becoming one of the most demanded commodities in the world.
However, there are still many people who look negatively on the effects of marijuana. This is due largely in part of the lack of knowledge about the cannabis plant and marijuana seeds. Many people have not been exposed to the different benefits and health contributions that are given by the consumption of weed. As a result, they look down on the cannabis plant because of the famous stigma that surrounds it.
This article focuses on a general overview of the marijuana seeds. If you look to understand a little more about what marijuana can do for your health, then read on.
If you plan on growing your own cannabis plant or you are simply interested in knowing about marijuana seeds, then it is important to know that marijuana plants and seeds may be characterized as dioecious plants. Basically, this means that they are distinguished based on their sex. That’s right; there are male and female cannabis plants.
Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and Cannabidiol (CBD) are the two main cannabinoids found in cannabis plants. They are the compounds that are mainly responsible for most of the effects given by marijuana. THC is used for inducing “high” feelings in the user. While CBD does not produce any cerebral feelings, it still has many properties that are crucial in impacting the body systems.
Female plants contain high levels of THC, CBD, and other main compounds called cannabinoids. They are mainly responsible for producing highly potent buds and causing the “high” and euphoric feeling when consuming marijuana. Basically, they are what cannabis growers want to find in their marijuana crops.
On the other hand, male cannabis plants do not contain as many cannabinoids as female plants. In fact, they may not even contain any THC and CBD levels in them. They are usually used by growers to pollinate and produce marijuana seeds. However, it is common practice to separate male and female plants as soon as they are distinguishable. The earliest possible phase in which they are distinguishable is the Pre-flowering stage. If male plants start pollinating on female ones, these females lose the ability to produce potent marijuana buds. Additionally, they also start producing seeds instead of consumable marijuana flowers.
Effects and Health Benefits
Much like marijuana buds, seeds from cannabis plants can be consumed and eaten. Although they cannot be smoked like cannabis buds, they still produce the same health benefits that are derived from smoking marijuana. Also, it is important to note that marijuana seeds do not get users and consumers high. They do not impart any cerebral and euphoric feelings because they contain little to no THC levels. However, there are seeds that have high levels of CBD, which is what most people look for in weed seeds anyways.
You see, medical marijuana is usually characterized by its high CBD content rather than THC. The consumption of marijuana seeds has been said to work wonders for the improvement of various bodily functions. Here are some of the many health benefits provided by CBD-dominant seeds:
- High levels of nutrients and proteins
- Reduces blood pressure
- Improves blood circulation in the heart
- Helps prevent diseases
- Improves functionality of the digestive and cardiovascular system
- Prevents and treats diseases such as Alzheimer’s Disease and cancer
Types of Marijuana Seeds
- Regular Seeds – Regular marijuana seeds are typically classic seeds that are used for growing. They produce both male and female plants, which means they take a little more effort in growing.
- Feminized Seeds – These seeds, as the name suggests, grow only female marijuana plants. They are produced with the aim of making the cultivation process easier and less of a hassle. With these seeds, growers no longer need to worry about separating the males and females.
- Autoflowering Seeds – Autoflowering seeds are perfect for beginner marijuana growers. Not only are they generally feminized seeds, but they also require less attention to the amount of sunlight absorbed by the plan. Thus, they are called autoflowering. Additionally, they come from Ruderalis plants as opposed to other seeds that come from indica and Sativa origins.
Marijuana seeds are now readily available. Make sure to find a reputable seed bank like Crop King Seeds to get hold of high quality, potent seeds that are ready for planting. They have a wide variety of marijuana strains that will fit whatever preference you may have. They have strained best for both recreational and medicinal purposes. You can visit their website at www.cropkingseeds.com today and try them for yourself!