Considering reality, let’s face the fact that not all are happy and satisfied with their 8 to 12-hour jobs. We have always been seeking for the job that will develop our skills but might as well acknowledge our potential. It is difficult to find a career that will suit your knowledge, skills as well as your lifestyle knowing that not all jobs can sustain your needs and wants and not all jobs will be able to develop your capability.
Have you ever wondered how would it feel if you can apply your lifestyle on the job that you are trying to pursue? Exciting, right? For people who occasionally and habitually smoke marijuana and feeling couch-locked after, it is a bit difficult to function, right? Good news for you. Well, we have conducted a research on an occupation that marijuana lovers will surely be interested in. It is time to shine for cannabis connoisseurs. You do not need a corporate job to satisfy and fulfill your needs and wants. What you need the most is a job that will develop your professional growth.
The Marijuana Industry According to an article written by Alison Doyle of The Balance Careers, the sales of marijuana is already a progressing business considered to be in the advanced industry. She stated that with the growing number of opportunities for businessmen inclined in sales and development of marijuana, this is going to be the next big thing in the succeeding years. Whether your interests tap growing, research, development or smoking, there is a perfect fit for you in finding marijuana-inclined jobs.
What are the factors that you need to consider in applying for a job in line with the marijuana industry? How will you know if that is the perfect job that will suit your capabilities and interests? Need not to worry. We will be helping you out in finding the perfect position for you. You do not have to settle for corporate jobs wherein all you do is paper works and all that you do not enjoy. Not even one bit. Considering that marijuana is the green revolution, expect speedy advancement and potential enhancement.
Here are the 10 perfect jobs for marijuana lovers that will make you think if your eight-hour job is still worth your time:
1. EDIBLE MAKER – Well, the utilization of marijuana is not just for the sake of smoking. It comes in many forms. Considering that it is for recreational and medicinal utilization, we all know that not all are fond of smoking. Edibles are made such as pastries, tea, coffee, chocolates, and other goodies. This is a challenge to all chefs in coming up with the recipes and procedures that they have to go through. Edible maker is actually one of the top jobs for people who are interested in marijuana. You might ask why? It is because it is easier to consume and at the same time these are guilt-free goodies. There are several positions in marijuana edible making such as chef, tasters, processors, and people in charge of the production, labeling, packaging, and shipping. This is actually a good experience considering that it is focused more on food production and handling.
2. DELIVERY PERSON – marijuana which is sold online usually have the option for shipping rather than pick-ups since they do not have an actual store. A delivery person is the one who will distribute or dispense the packages of marijuana to its customers. It is not much of a work to do since they will just need to transport it. The customer no longer needs to go out of their house since it will be brought right on to their doorstep. This is for medical marijuana and not for recreational marijuana. Before purchase, you will have to present the prescription or medical permit authorized by your doctor. All you need to have is a clean driving record and a driver’s license. To progress the sales, the delivery person should have solid communication skills too.
3. BUDTENDER – this job is more inclined to sales. They are the ones attending to their customers to answer all their queries and they will be the one to provide recommendations too. Being a budtender is more on customer service. They will be positioned in the dispensary shops. Providing information, suggestion and recommendation is their job. For a more progressive business, you have to make sure that you, as a budtender, should possess skills in customer relations and sales.
4. CASHIERS – apart from the budtenders in the shop that will be answering all the queries, cashiers should be well-acquainted with the product that you will be selling too. These are the front-liners of the shop. The more you are familiar with the products you offer, the higher the sales rate it will provide. It may sound like an entry-level position but it is a start. Cashiers are more like receptionists who should have a pleasing personality and the attitude of willingness to help your customers.
5. STORE MANAGERS – running a marijuana store is a difficult job to pursue. In order for an online and actual store to be successful, you need a person who is capable of managing responsibilities from sales of your products as well as handling your people. Being able to work in a marijuana dispensary is actually a huge professional growth considering that this is a managerial position. A store manager should be able to cater to the needs of people in terms of what they need, what they want and what is suitable for them. In addition to this, you need to demonstrate great working ethics to your employees.
6. PRODUCTION MANAGER – a position entitled to people who will drive the sales and seek other opportunities to make the business boom better in terms of processes, operations, and handling of workers. The production manager is responsible for laying out their action plans, sales target, budgets and a lot more.
7. GROWERS – this is a fundamental position in the field of marijuana sales. This is one of the hardest jobs, to be honest. This requires hours of work since the cultivation of marijuana involves monitoring and maintenance. The person who is suitable for this position should be educated about how marijuana grows and works. It requires experience in sales and in marijuana cultivation.
8. CANNABIS LAWYER – considering that the sales of marijuana are still a hot topic in the society, a lawyer is needed in a marijuana dispensary store. The lawyer to be hired should be knowledgeable on how the sales of marijuana work and should be able to defend the business from the law enforcement and organizations who are against the utilization of marijuana. As a consultant, you should be able to know how you will be able to preserve what the marijuana industry stands for.
9. EXTRACT LAB TECHNICIAN – a person who is responsible for extracting the cannabinoid content of marijuana into oil or wax depending on what you will be turning it into. It is a bit tricky considering that you will be exposed to hazardous chemicals and chronic heat. This position requires experience in extraction processing and it would be best if you have a degree in chemical engineering or chemistry.
10. VAPORIZER RETAILER – another position inclined to sales. With the rise of technology, there are a lot of means of smoking marijuana and one of which is through the use of a vaporizer or electronic cigarettes. Considering that its popularity increases the sales of vaporizers, a retailer is necessary for a dispensary shop. It would require familiarity in the industry of marijuana as well as the utilization of the vaporizer. In addition, it is best if you have the skill in dealing with customer relations.
It is a big step in the marijuana industry for it to legalize in some states. Considering that it does not just entice cannabis connoisseurs, but also those who want to run a business involving marijuana as well. There are a lot of micro and macro businesses who are looking for people who are educated and experienced not just in the utilization of marijuana but as well as how it works and how it grows. On a report that was conducted by CNN, they stated that in 2017, the sales of marijuana raised up to $9 billion dollars. This is a big leap for them, of course. Although, businessmen should be mindful on the amount of marijuana that they will be dispensing considering that it has an addictive power to the mind of its users. Yes, it works well for medicinal and recreational purposes but too much dosage of marijuana is acquainted with harmful effects to the body too. Research and development are still required on what marijuana can do and on what other fields can marijuana be used. If you have what it takes, from skills, knowledge, and experience, you might want to consider applying for jobs inclined to the sales and utilization of marijuana.