Considering that marijuana is gradually accepted by the society for both recreational and medicinal purposes, the research and development about marijuana are still flourishing. Canada is the second country to permit the utilization of marijuana. Just recently, on the 17 of October this year, the federal Cannabis Act was already implemented throughout the country promoting the legalization of marijuana. Worldwide, Canada is the second country to permit the utilization of marijuana.
This act is accustomed to rules and regulations that should be followed. Since the day marijuana was fully accepted by society, the number of people who want to try to smoke or cultivate is growing. Considering that it is a trial and error thing for you to discover the perfect strain, you really have to do research on what you have to achieve.
What are your preferences in terms of side-effects? Would you want a strain that will keep you utterly happy and uplifted? Do you prefer a strain that will help you catch some sleep?
What are your cultivating preferences?
These are the most commonly asked questions especially by the people who are new in the field. Need not to worry, we have gathered information about the 10 easiest marijuana strains to grow in Canada and the things that you have to know about marijuana.
What do You Need to Know About Canada
On an average, there are 2.3 million marijuana users throughout Canada in which 10% of these are regular users who progress to dependency. This is the whole reason why they have come up with regulations that will alleviate the exposure of the youth to the utilization of marijuana. There will always be a reason behind drug prohibition, not because it is permitted to be used does not mean you do not have to comply with the rules. Yes, the sales of marijuana do promote economic growth through consumption but when you come to think of it, we need to think of ways that will help increase its advantages and alleviate its disadvantages.
What is the goal of Canada in permitting the utilization of marijuana?
- To alleviate the number of illegal access and exposure of the youth to marijuana.
2. To secure and develop the public health through providing access to marijuana for people ages 18 and above.
3. To prevent criminals from gaining profit from marijuana sales.
Marijuana Strains to Grow
Why start from the easiest strains to grow? Cultivation is a trial and error thing, you have to consider if the environmental factors of the location will suit the strain that you want to grow. In addition to this, most of the easy-growing strains are resistant to diseases, molds, and mildew which would not require you to monitor and maintain it every now and then. What you need to consider is your acquaintance to growing marijuana. You need to start from the bottom and work your way up to be a successful experienced marijuana grower.
You have to bear in mind that growing marijuana will require time, patience, and money. You have to be ready for whatever circumstance that may occur. Some are discouraged because they failed at first try. Little did they know that it is a step-by-step process and you really have to learn from scratch. Eventually, as you gain experience, you will realize that growing marijuana tends to be more time and cost-efficient already because you know what to do and how to work on its cultivation. You have to understand the mediums, seeds, lighting, spaces, and monitoring. Up until you are well-acquainted with the properties of marijuana and how to grow it, you will be able to come up with a beautiful yield.
Here are the 10 easy to grow marijuana in Canada:
1. Super Skunk A marijuana strain which works well for indoor and outdoor environment with warm, cold and dry climate. Super Skunk is a suggested strain for novice growers for it has natural resisting powers to common diseases. Indoor-grown strains are harvested in 10 weeks yielding 18 ounces per square meter. Outdoor-grown strains are best harvested any day around September up to November yielding 21 ounces per plant.
2. MK Ultra is the product of cross-breeding two potent strains; OG Kush and G 1
3. A marijuana strain which works well for indoor and outdoor environment with a temperate Mediterranean climate. MK Ultra is a suggested strain for novice growers considering that it has natural resisting powers to common molds and mildews. Indoor-grown strains are harvested in 8 to 9 weeks yielding 12 ounces per square meter. Outdoor-grown strains are best harvested any day around late September up to early October yielding 6 ounces per plant.
Platinum OGs potency was acquired through its roots; OG Kush, Master Kush, and an unknown strain. A marijuana strain which works well for indoor and outdoor environment with a warm and sunny climate. Platinum OG is a suggested strain for novice growers considering that it has natural resisting powers to molds and mildews. Indoor-grown strains are harvested in 9 weeks yielding 7 ounces per square meter. Outdoor-grown strains are best harvested around mid-October yielding 12 ounces per plant.
4. Orange Kush is the product from cross-breeding Orange Bud and OG Kush. One of the most accessible strains in the market, Orange Kush is available in seeds. A marijuana strain which works well for indoor and outdoor environment with a hot and sunny climate. Orange Kush is a suggested strain for novice growers considering that it has natural resisting powers to pests and mildews. Indoor-grown strains are harvested in 8 to 9 weeks yielding 16 ounces per square meter. Outdoor-grown strains are best harvested around late September up to early October yielding 18 ounces per plant.
5. Katsu Kush is also known as Katsu came from the origins of unknown varieties of Hindu Kush. It is one of the suggested strains for novice growers. You just have to be mindful of proper maintenance and monitoring. The good thing about growing Katsu Kush is that it works well with being grown both indoors and outdoors. Its average flowering time takes 7 to 8 weeks before it is time for harvest.
6. Atomic strain works well with being grown on both indoor and outdoor environment. It is one of the suggested strains for the first time or novice growers for them to try. On an average, its flowering is not that long as compared to the others. It only takes around 7 to 8 week up until harvest and can yield from 15 to 20 ounces per square meter. Outdoor-grown ones are best harvested any time around October. Atomic is created through cross-breeding three classic strains upholding incredible potency; Chemdawg, Emerald Triangle Kush and THC Bomb strain.
7. Early Miss is the product from cross-breeding two of the most potent classic strains; Big Bud and White Widow strains. It is one of the suggested strains for novice growers considering that it is not that difficult to maintain and to monitor. The good thing about it is that it works both ways on being grown in an indoor and outdoor environment. Its flowering time usually takes 7 to 8 weeks up until it is time for harvest and can yield up to 13 ounces per square meter.
8. Sapphire Star It uses soil as its medium and it works well with being grown indoors and outdoors. This is one of the most recommended strains for novice growers. Considering that it is not that difficult to grow, it is not that hard to maintain and monitor too. Its growth is more on vertical rather than horizontal. Indoor-grown strains can grow up to 6 feet tall. In about 8 weeks, it can yield up to 4 to 6 ounces per square meter. Meanwhile, with outdoor grown strains, it can reach up to 15 feet high and can yield 5 up to 10 ounces of buds per plant.
9. Snow Lotus is a very flexible strain in terms of growth that it works both ways for indoor and outdoor growth. It is not sensitive to sudden change in temperature and humidity which makes it a suggested strain for novice growers. In about 7 to 9 weeks, the indoor-grown strain is ready for harvest yielding 10 to 12 ounces per square meter.
Meanwhile, outdoor-grown strains are best harvested around late September yielding 12 ounces per plant.
10. Manitoba Poison is not that difficult to grow. It is one of the most suggested strains for novice
growers considering that it works both ways for the indoor and outdoor environment. Indoor-grown strains flowering time usually takes 7 to 8 weeks which is a bit short for average flowering time and it can yield as much as 8 to 12 ounces per square meter. Outdoor-grown ones can yield up to 16 ounces per plant and are best harvested by early September.
In accordance with an article written by Nick England the industry of marijuana proves progress through economic growth. Reviewing the geographic information of Canada, we can say that its growth opportunities are progressing due to its environmental factors such as the climate, humidity, and land. The good thing about this is that the strains that you will be growing will adjust to the environment. Canada is experiencing four seasons which will work well in cultivating indica, sativa or ruderalis depending on your preference. You just have to find the perfect strain that will suit your location, growing experience, budget and time.